Saturday, September 10, 2005

sex

I have a friend that might be pregnant. For the sake of this entry, I'm going to call her Betty. Her name is not Betty and I don't know anyone named Betty which makes this a perfect pseudo-name. So a few days ago Betty rode my bus because she didn't know what her bus number was. The bus was packed and I got on before her (she stopped to talk to a friend) so when she got on she had to sit on this guy's lap. We'll call this guy Damien because I don't know anyone named Damien and it's not his name so it makes a perfect pseudo-name. We both know Damien and he thinks of me as a little sister. Not so with Betty. He's got the hots for Betty and she knows it. Well, Betty decided to go hang out with Damien instead of coming to my house til her dad could pick her up. While they were hanging out, somehow they decided to have sex. So now Betty lost her virginity, might have STD's (Damien is sexually active and probably hasn't been tested), and there's a chance she might be pregnant. She has to get to a clinic to get tested for STD's and pregnancy and she wants me to go with her. Until then, she's worried out of her gourd and her parents think she was at my house and we went out walking and because her dad was gonna pick her up in a few minutes, I went home and she waited on one of the "main" intersections in the complex for him. (I'm going along with this story to protect her.) If it turns out that Betty is pregnant or she does have an STD, I don't know what I'm going to do. Hopefully, she's not and she doesn't but, what if always nags at the back of my head when I think about that. I started ragging on Damien and asked him "why" and he refused to talk about it on the bus. I totally respected him for that and I totally love him for it. Had he been totally willing to get into a discussion on the bus for all the world to hear, I'd have killed him. I've gotta go get ready for my eye doctor appointment now. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.  I'm amazed at how what you write sends me right back to my teenage years.

I can answer Damien's question for him.  Because at this point in time all he's really thinking about in the female department is getting thier hands on him and his hands (or other members) on her.

Betty definitely needs to get tested.  I believe that minors can still be tested for STD's and pregnancy without parental consent.  Of course, she should talk to her folks about seeing the OB/GYN since she's now sexually active (some STD's dont' show up right away and you need to have regular Dr. checks to watch for any symptoms and have regular paps done) and she should look into some form of birth control.  She can privately talk to her Dr. about the options.  It is important to protect your health when you become sexually active.

As far as pregnancy, I really hope she's not pregnant yet.  You ladies are so young and have so much ahead of you in the next few years.  It seems like 16-22 is the prime age and sooo much happens, monumental moments.  She should get to know herself before she puts herself out there, once you have a baby there isn't much 'you' anymore.  

This is long, I know....I've been there, had soooo many friends there...you're a great friend, very supportive and non-judgemental.  I love you Vickey....I hope that everything works out in the best possible way for Betty :)

Take care of yourself doll~
xoxo~B