Sunday, September 25, 2005

Options

Damien told his mom and Betty told hers. Her dad doesn't know yet. Betty and my mom are kinda close so Betty called Mom and they talked. Mom said that if Betty gives the baby up for adoption, the baby can go to Mom.  I've got about fifty billion questions but, none of them are really my concern. Stuff like who's gonna name the baby? What last name will it have? (Damien's, Betty's, or Mom's?) Will the baby know his/her mother is Betty? Will Damien know the baby? What will this baby call me? Legally, it'll be my half-sibling but, Betty and I have known for years that we'll be like aunts to each others children so will it be my little sibling or my neice or nephew? Obviously Samantha and Betty's baby would be raised as siblings. There's a lot of questions I have and none of them are really things that have to be thought of until some time down the road and certainly none of them really are my business. They're between Betty and Mom and Ray or whatever other couple she chooses to raise her child. Betty's not in favor of abortion and never has been. She also realizes that it would be nearly impossible to raise her baby herself and wants what is best for her child. Mind you, none of this is for sure. She still hasn't been to the doctor to confirm or deny her pregnancy. Thanks, y'all for listening to this. I'm gonna go repack my bag since I'm going to Lindz's tonight.

No comments: